4/19/10

High School Games...

I graduated in 1998.
I left school without looking back
Without a pause and with the certainty
That all the B.S. that I used to deal with
Was all behind me.


So why do I feel like 12 years later
I'm right fucking back there.
I'm sitting in Mr. Pangburn's 2nd Period
Social Studies Class and I'm hearing
The rumor's that were neatly
Told directly behind my back
If possible.


I'd just like to let you all know
I'M NOT FUCKING PLAYING
YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GAMES
Not anymore.
This he said, she said shit
Is really getting old.
How old are you???


I'm trying to line the pieces up.
Trying to make my life what I
Want it to be.
Not what you think it should be.


You seem to forget that I'm
No longer under your control.
Not that I ever was.
It's my turn now.
My turn to finally find who and what
I am.
To finally see...
Who I'm meant to be.


So I guess I'm trying to say...
I left high schoo behind 12 years.
And I refuse to look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment